Garmin Forerunner 305:
Worth The Investment?
Besides using the Seiko DM50S Running Metronome and the Gymboss Interval Timer, his later gadget which is helping him extremely well in improving his running experience and training is the Garmin Forerunner 305. He has never looked back since he bought the Forerunner 305.
Quick Review: Garmin Forerunner 305
Garmin Forerunner 305 Review
The Garmin Forerunner 305 is one of most accurate, most reliable wrist-mounted performance and GPS tracking tool among the Garmin Forerunner family.
The Forerunner 305 includes wireless heartrate monitoring and it can also be connected to Garmin’s wireless bicycle speed and cadence sensor.
Garmin 305 acts as a running partner and personal trainer for athletes of all levels. With this Garmin running watch, you no longer need to look for a runner buddy for your training
The super-sensitive GPS in Garmin 305 tracks my every move. As I have mentioned I am a trail runner and I am really pleased that Garmin 305 can even track on tree-covered trails.
The Forerunner 305’s heart device monitors my heart rate, speed, distance, pace and calories burned so that I can analyse my running result and come out with a plan to train smarter, and more effectively. With all these helps I could continually up my performance, timing and my personal best.
The Courses feature allows me download recorded courses and so that I could have a clear picture of my previous workouts and progress.
Let’s get into the product and technical details
Garmin Forerunner 305 Product and Technical Details
Garmin 305 Main Features:
- High-Sensitivity, Watch-Like GPS Receiver That Provides Exceptional Signal Reception
- 1 Piece Training Assistant That Provides Athletes With Precise Speed, Distance & Pace Data
- Includes Training Center Software, Which Allows Users To Download Workout Data For A Detailed Analysis
- Used For Multiple Sports Such As Cycling, Cross- Country Skiing & Windsurfing
- Data Acquired May Also Be Analyzed With Motion-based, Which Provides Online Mapping & Route Sharing
Garmin 305 Technical Information:
- Product Dimensions: 4 x 4 x 4 inches ; 1 pounds
- ANT protocol Display Size(WxH) – 1.3 x 0.8 (33 x 20.3 mm)
- Lap Memory – 1,000 laps
- Battery – Rechargeable internal lithium ion battery – lasts 10 hours (typical use)
- Waterproof – Submersible in one meter of water for up to 30 mins.
- Alerts – Time, distance, pace and heart rate
Garmin 305 Heart Rate Monitor Features:
- Transmission Range – approximately 3m (9.8ft)
- Battery – 3V CR2032 battery – lasts 3 years (1 hour per day)
- Physical size(WxHxD) – 13.7 x 1.4 x 0.5 (348 x 35.6 x 12.7 mm)
- Weight -. 74 oz (21 grams)
What is in the box of Garmin Forerunner 305?
- Forerunner 305
- Heart Rate Monitor
- Docking cradle
- Expander strap
- AC charger
- PC/USB interface cable
- Quick start guide
- Garmin Training Center CD
- Owner’s manual
- Personally, I like the stylish look of this Forerunner 305 compared to other Garmin Running watches
- Forerunner 305 is relatively easy to set up and use. The instruction is very clear and easy to understand.
- I like Forerunner 305 ‘s fast satellite acquisition time where I can see my performance almost instantly.
- Forerunner 305’s accuracy is superb. The thing I like most is it could even track my running even when I am in the densely covered trail.
- With the Forerunner 305, I can do away with the Gymboss Internal Timer since Forerunner 305 has this interval timer feature. Less one gadget to carry when I am out for running.
- This might be con to some people because to some (especially lady) it might be a little bit bulky, but I like it.
- There isn’t a way to just display time and turn off the GPS. It needs to be configured to display different items on the main screen
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: The numbers on the screen is too small to read while running
Answer: Decrease the number of fields to be displayed, the size of the number will increase
Let’s Look At Genuine Customer Reviews Of People Who Have Bought The Garmin Forerunner 305
“I live in a climate where I can run pretty much all year round and the Forerunner 305 has absolutely no problems picking up the satellite. The heart rate monitor is comfortable. In my estimation, Garmin is superior as far as GPS devices go I’ve a few others that were not quite as good. This is a great product that works as advertised. Great product that does exactly what you expect it will do. You can use Garmin Connect to upload your runs to the web and you’ll be able to see all the stats of your run (heartrate, elevation changes, etc.) and also I like seeing it plotted on Google maps.” ….. Hocky Guy
“I use mine for cycling and running, the direct link to see your workouts mapped on GOOGLE EARTH is FANTASTIC!!!! (the included software is far more stable than the junk Polar included with their HRM’s.
Heart rate strap with replaceable battery is coded and comfortable. It’s better in my opinion than the Polar products (of which I’ve owned three)
This is much better than the Forerunner 201 which I previously owned (locks on satellites 10 times faster) and I’d avoid the 405 unless you really want to use this watch as a normal day to day wristwatch” ….. Y.R.Wu
“Because the distance measurements are so accurate the Forerunner has freed me from the old measured courses I have run for years. Instead I just take off wherever I feel like going with complete comfort as to splits, pace and distance (and yes, I am one of those who really cares whether I ran 5.00 versus 5.25 miles when calculating my pace). I set the watch to ring at each mile so I can simply glance down and figure my pace. It is also great when traveling as you can run any distance accurately without any planning effort.” ….. P. Lange
“The BIGGEST improvement is that this model is more like a typical GPS in that it offers many different modes and screens to track various types of information (one can toggle between three different screens). For example, on one screen, I have the current time, sunrise, sunset, and running time. On another screen I have the grade, altitude, average pace, and current pace. On yet another screen I have heart rate, calories, distance traveled, and heading. It is totally cool.
I use this thing for running, biking, rollerblading, mountaineering, skiing, and just about everything else outside. I am really happy that I spent the money for the upgraded version.” ….. J. L. Stankus
“I’ve had my Garmin 305 for more than 6 months now and I absolutely love it! It’s helped me train and finish a marathon. It was a wonderful help with my 20 weeks of training. I programmed it with my interval training sessions sessions — it was very, very easy to program my different training sessions (for example, run 4 minutes/wal 1 minute).
It also helped me when I got lost on my long runs. With my Garmin 305, I marked various locations and it directed me back to them so I could find my way home.
One more thing — I’m a pretty small woman, and even though the wrist unit is pretty big, I found it pretty comfortable to wear.” ….. M. Hunt
Here is Anthony who loves doing the Triathlon, he has something to say about the Garmin Forerunner 305.
What I Like About Garmin Forerunner 305?
There are 13 reasons why I love my Garmin Forerunner 305, Click here to read about them.
The Verdict: Garmin Forerunner 305
Where Can You Buy Garmin Forerunner 305 For The Best Price?
You can buy Garmin Forerunner 305 from your local sport shops or big retailers online. But which one is the best? I have done work for you, I have found that the best place to buy Garmin Forerunner 305 is at Amazon.com This giant online retailers give the best price which included FREE with Super Saver Shipping (in US only).
Amazon is reputable company that stand out in consumer services. You will have a piece of mind because not only they will make sure you get your Garmin Forerunner 305 on time but they are very actively in updating you the status of your delivery. Gift wrapping is also available for just a small additional fee.
Garmin Forerunner 305 was originally priced at $300, right now Amazon is giving a 57% discount. With this special offer, Garmin 305 is the cheapest among all the Garmin GPS watches.